Tuesday, March 11, 2008

disguises and toupees

I'm reminded of happier days in my undergraduate career when i never use to stress (too much) about term papers, reading my books, or my confidence in making above a 3.5 average. I was clam, cool, and collected when it came to college because i knew how to "do" school. It took me 6 six years to finish my undergrad. So by the last two years I had College down pat, like a familiar football strategy or a good pasta recipe. I knew where to access it and that it would never let me down. I was flying in autopilot with my heel kick up on the dash.
I never considered myself a lazy student, a bit of procrastinator, but never lazy. Lately, I noticed that I have had to "try " at school work more. My grad classes are getting more complicated and more is beginning to be expected of us which is really a blessing in a shitty disguise with a protestant work ethic toupee.

No comments: