Friday, April 4, 2008

A shout out to "Youtube"!

The last two weeks have been a swirling orgy of research papers, long drives south, headaches, Starbucks Chai lattes, good books, computer screens, red periods,"YouTube", small disputes, and Tracy Chapman. I hope this gives you a feel or at least a taste of my sweet and low.

I have been writing a lot lately, nothing too exciting, just research papers. During the dizzyingly early evenings when attempting to construct whatever social work paper I have due the next day, "youtube" has begun to join me in my long solitary journeys into the depths of paper writing. I look to "Youtube" to supply me with any possible song that I can think of to listen to. "Youtube" gives me a smile and an ominous look through its digital mega pixals and suddenly every Tracy Chapman Song that has even been recorded ( along with music videos) pops up. In that moment, I am so grateful for the virtual magic and digital efficiency my dear little friend has imagined and translated into a audio reality. I would like to thank all the digital and electronic
( don't think I forgot about you) that have given me the audio support I needed to get through those long lonely evening of research and writing. My social Work professors thanks you too!

No comments: